Monday 22 August 2011

The Ride To Conquer Cancer 2011

What a great weekend it's been. Although I thought it was going to be very sad seeing my team mates ride off, I was just so happy to still be part of it,and so proud of them all, they rode over 230km in two days,camping out over night was interesting!a bit cold and not very comfortable. The ride was difficult in parts lots of big hills and to top it off a few heavy downpours.David Sara Erin and I enjoyed being part of the crew especially when all the riders came into our pit stop soaking wet but most still smiling!I felt pretty emotional at the finish line and yes it really would have been amazing to ride in with them,however I still felt part of the team,thanks guys.I believe we raised between us over $25,000 not bad eh!let's hope the $4.7 million that was the total raised helps goes towards QIMR one day finding a cure for cancer,someone's got to one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment