Friday 16 September 2011

Sea Sun and Sand all good for the Soul!

17/9/11
I'd had an invite from a lovely friend Bernie to come and stay with her while she is house sitting at Alexandra Headlands. I did feel at first that I was not only too miserable to plonk myself on anyone else (sorry save that for family!!) but I wasn't sure I was up for the journey as I hadn't driven for a few weeks.However get me in that mini with the roof down and what ever music I feel like listening too and it picks my spirit up straight away.
I stopped at the 'happy garage' for a tea and arrived to this most beautiful home,three stories of modern architecture with two decks facing down to the beach.Bernie I know has given me the best bedroom in the house so at night I sleep with the blind open the lights are lovely and at sunrise everything looks pink.I can also here the surf in the distance.
Bernie's sister Jo is up from Victoria to spend a few days here,so I have been so spoilt,I am blown away with their kindness to me they both are the sort of people that make you feel special and enjoy doing things for others,thank you to you both,although it seems to be such a long climb back up this time,the cloud is lifting and I appreciate all you have done to help with this.
Yesterday we sat on the beach at cotton trees,and the first day I was here we went down there for sunset,it's such a beautiful spot,and they brought a flask of tea for me!
This morning we had a few hours on the beach then a lovely lunch and now will spend the afternoon doing very little! I think it's fish and chips on the beach later on.
Home in the morning,how beautiful is Queensland hey? We are all so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world I think.I must be feeling better as I am thinking just how happy I will be when I get over this and have a period of time of just good old happy life,I wait with bated breath for it to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment