Wednesday 2 May 2012

Short Update

3/5/2012 Hello Just thought I'd give you the latest. Over the weekend my stomach started to get bigger and bigger. I really wasn't sure what was going on ,but after a quick look on Dr Google something I always avoid doing it looked like I have Ascites ,fluid build up in the cavity that holds alot of your organs. Tuesday came and my GP confirmed it was that, so yesterday I had a needle put in and 2 1/2 liters came out,Wow! I do feel alot more comfortable but it's still swollen and my legs feel like jelly today. Having this happen has made me realise that I haven't really got the time to slowly decide about the chemo , so as I'm not ready to say I give up just yet I will have some more chemo starting Monday. I'm not 100%sure it's the right thing to do, but it may slow things down abit, even this fluid build up. Some of my lovely friends are in a mini Tri this weekend at the coast so the boys girlfriends and my sister are going down to stay two nights and make the most of the weekend. I felt very sorry for myself yesterday which really doesn't help me. Although nothing wrong with a big cry! However today I'm thinking ok well I'll have chemo next week and play it by ear, last week I needed two bags of blood so I can't see my body will be well enough for it each week. I've finished all my shopping just a few more cards to write,oh and finish my brothers scarf,although living in Singapore or Thailand there isn't a great demand for them! Love to you all, and thank you for your kind words and actions, it's so amazing to know people really care about you and your family .........

No comments:

Post a Comment