Saturday 21 January 2012

Hello

22/1/2012
It's been a while...... I was feeling pretty good for a few weeks, especially after my little hospital stay ,nothing like a few bags of blood and water and some antibiotics to boost yourself back up! David and I decided that as I seemed to be going ok , and I have now changed to two weeks on one off with the chemo we would go and visit our lovely friends in the North Island NZ. I scored using up some Emerites points and was able to fly business class return for $131!!, of course I felt for David down the back but never one to miss an opportunity! The evening of the first day we arrived I felt a bit off , then unfortunately started to feel terrible , one day was spent mostly on the toilet , and my temperature was all over the place. If your temp goes up to 38 then it's pretty serious and you must go to hospital , well the whole 8 days we were there it was very strange as it would get quite high sometimes over 38 then come down quite quickly , it was very worrying as I really didn't want to go to hospital for fear I would have to stay in , but was also worried what the infection was as my body hasn't the energy to fight off anything.

Ian and Fish our friends were so kind , and I really felt very comfortable in their lovely home. I was just pi....d off I felt so weak and not myself everyday. David and I did go off on our own for 3 nights up to the 'Bay of Islands' which are lovely. Again I couldn't do too much but very happy to sit in a car and look at the sights! It was still a good holiday and I'm so glad I got to spend that precious time with our friends.

I have been back to the oncologist this week who said it could be my liver causing the high temps so we will just have to see tomorrow how they are as it's chemo day. I am feeling better but still not able to walk very far. Going to look into a wheel chair as I don't want to miss out on things just because my body doesn't want to do them! I still have lots I'd like to do! With this chemo it seems each week is different so you really can't plan a thing. My mum is arriving beginning of Feb for two weeks , then my brother is back down so always good to spend time with family. Emotionally I'm still on the roller coaster but if I'm not feeling ill then I'm still able to just think about the day and enjoy it, the whole death bit can wait ha ha , hope your all well , keep happy talk soon .....

No comments:

Post a Comment